Ever wondered about the marketing and advertising possibilities of mobile devices? Practically everybody has a cell phone these days. Actually, there are about five billion handsets in the world today. And an average person does not share his or her cell phone. Often text recipients will take a look at an SMS within 4 minutes. So, just how can advertisers tap into this kind of enormous potential?
1. Get users to opt in. This is actually the most dependable strategy to develop a significant database. You simply can’t carry out an SMS advertising campaign to people that have not agreed to receiving your text messages. The techniques you can use to generate a database are numerous. The most important thing is that the individual voluntarily authorized to receive your text messages and you have evidence in your file in the instance of a disagreement.
2. Present an indication concerning the character and frequency of your texts to your audience. It is important for your participants to understand if you are sending messages every day, weekly or monthly. Frequently it’s annoying to receive marketing and advertising text messages every day. On the other hand, 90 days might be too much time for someone to get an SMS from the company he or she signed up to and perhaps has forgotten.
3. Personalize your message. Make use of the subscriber’s name. Nothing is as effective as getting a text message together with your name in it. It can make one feel the message is important and personal.
4. Be connected. This necessitates really going further to acquire more information about your market. Determine their wishes, worries, wants, frustrations, and needs.
5. Always be timely. Do not send text messages late at night or very early in the morning hours. It’s irritating. Alternatively, do not send out belated Christmas, birthday or wedding anniversary messages. Do not send out back to school promos when the school is approaching the end of the school year.
6. Always supply very clear opt out instructions. Allow your subscribers to opt out whenever they wish. Don’t make it needlessly tough or expensive to opt out. And when you receive opt out instructions, process them promptly and say thanks to the subscriber with regards to allowing you to have been of service to him.
7. Make messages viral. Suggest the recipients to forward text messages to persons they know who will benefit from them or ask them to ask their acquaintances to join your list.
8. Send videos to your subscribers. SMS marketing needn’t be textual content solely. You may send out links to subscribers for videos which are beneficial and timely. This is particularly important for individuals with smart phones and definitely will improve your bonding with them.
9. Always remember to see the big picture. SMS advertising is not going to always result in a sale but, is part of the major plan. It might be intended for generating leads, public relations, or even customer training. In no way lose focus of your reason for sending out an SMS.
Phil Knaus is a Mobile Marketing Specialist, helping small businesses, entrepreneurs, and online marketers to get more suitable buyers with mobile marketing devices. Find out more of his mobile marketing ideas, techniques, and practices right now.